The Active IQ Award in Instructing Kettlebells is at level 2 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework.
It is also recognised by The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 2, but does not provide access onto the Register.
Entry onto the Register is gained via a recognised level 2 fitness instructing qualification.
• A suitable Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification e.g. Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
• Some experience of kettlebell training is useful
• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and Learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
This qualification comprises two units:
Unit 1 Planning a Kettlebell Exercise Session
Unit 2 Instructing a Kettlebell Exercise Session
Successful achievement of both units must be achieved for the full qualification.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides:
• This qualification provides progression to the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in delivering exercise sessions
• Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers
• Learners may also progress on to qualifications in related sectors, like Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside fitness instructing in the health club environment