The Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the legal and professional requirements of a group cycling instructor. Learners are provided an understanding of the key concepts of studio cycling and how technology can be used in studio cycling sessions. Learners are also provided the knowledge and skills to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective group studio cycling sessions.
Learners must hold a suitable Level 2 fitness instructing qualification, for example:
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
Some experience of studio cycling is useful.
Learners must complete the one mandatory unit.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides progression on to:
• Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.
• Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Sessions.
• Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
• Apprenticeships within the active leisure sector.