The Level 4 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health will enable learners to develop their knowledge of healthy eating, to analyse their client’s nutritional habits and to be able to offer healthy eating advice that is linked to their clients’ exercise and lifestyle goals. During the qualification learners will cover the following:
- How to access credible information about nutrition for exercise and health.
- The nutrients required to maintain health.
- How nutrients from food are used to fuel and aid recovery from physical activity.
- How to estimate daily energy and nutrient requirements for clients with different goals.
- The risks of poor nutritional and lifestyle practices.
- Skills to analyse clients’ dietary habits and identification of areas for improvement.
During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
- A suitable Level 3 qualification in Fitness Instructing.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at pitched at level 2 (as a minimum).
Learners must complete the one mandatory unit.
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Other related qualifications.