This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective
exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions and common reasons for referral to a community-based exercise referral scheme (UK).
- To enable learners to design and agree a safe and effective programme for patients with a range of common referral conditions
- To enable learners to deliver, review and adapt a programme for patients with a range of common referral conditions
Learners must have achieved a pre-requisite qualification either in Fitness Instructing (gym based, exercise to music or aqua) at MQF Level 3 or Personal Training at MQF Level 4.
In order to successfully complete the Level
¤ Diploma in Exercise Referral (RQF L3), learners must achieve 38 credits from 6 mandatory units.
- Planning exercise referral programmes with patients
- Understanding Medical Conditions for Exercise Referral
- Professional Practice for Exercise Referral Instructors
- Instructing exercise with referred patients
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Multiple examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
Learners seeking progress from this qualification can advance their skills further through the