This qualification aims toTo provide learners with the skills and knowledge to enable them to be professionally competent to design, plan and deliver safe and effective Pilates classes within a gym or health club environment.
• To provide learners with the knowledge to be able to understand the principles of Pilates Matwork
• To provide learners with the knowledge to be able to plan and programme Pilates Matwork classes
• To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to instruct Pilates Matwork classes
• There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification
• Some experience of Pilates classes is highly recommended
• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a
degree of physical
fitness is necessary
• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing)
involved and learners
should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
1. Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
2. Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
3. Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
4. Principles of exercise, fitness and health
5. Principles of Pilates Matwork
6. Programming Pilates Matwork
7. Instructing Pilates Matwork
8. Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
● Multiple Choice Examination.
● Portfolio of Evidence.
● Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.