The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to plan, prepare
and deliver safe and effective yoga sessions as well as :
• plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective Yoga sessions
• understand the underpinning principles of yoga
• understand the anatomy and physiology theory related to yoga
• understand and be able to plan yoga sessions
• be able to teach a safe and effective yoga session
• be able to self-evaluate and reflect on teaching skills and personal practice.
• a minimum of two years experience of participating in yoga classes is desirable
• the course requires physical exertion, therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
• there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved
and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2
1. Underpinning principles of teaching yoga
2. Anatomy and physiology for yoga
3. Planning a series of yoga sessions
4. Health and safety of yoga
5. Teaching a yoga session
● Multiple Choice Examination.
● Portfolio of Evidence.
● Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.