The field of personal training and the needs of modern day professional personal trainers is rapidly evolving in line with the broad ranging needs and goals of the clients they serve.
As a result, the industry has never been more competitive. Highly successful personal trainers are results driven and confidently differentiate their services offered to provide an ethical service and sustain a highly successful business.
Driving this success is a more scientific and evidence-based approach to programming, training, monitoring and managing clients which translates to better client retention as well as attracting new clients. This qualification provides learners with the enhanced knowledge and skills to fully understand their clients, utilise an evidence-based approach to programming and develop a successful and sustainable personal
training business, including:
• Research, evaluation and use of credible research and information to inform personal training /
• Integration and application of technologies, digital and social media into personal training
practice to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
• The application of behaviour change and communication techniques to support, enhance and
manage the client journey.
• Assessment, performance analysis and evaluation to support, enhance and manage the client
• Design and application of long-term periodisation, planning, coaching and evaluation to
optimise client success.
• Learners must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (or equivalent).
• Learners must be able to apply factual and theoretical knowledge and be able to use a range of cognitive and practical skills to generate specific solutions for personal training clients.
This will require learners to work in predictable and unpredictable situations using knowledge, skills and competencies pitched at level 4 on the RQF.
Learners must complete the two mandatory units.
1-Applied techniques to support, enhance and manage the client journey
2-Progressing clients towards successful achievement of goals.
● Multiple Choice Examination.
● Portfolio of Evidence.
● Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
- Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance.
- Level 3 Award in Instructing Outdoor Fitness.
- Level 4 special-populations-related qualifications.
- Other level 3 and 4 technical qualifications in related subjects.